The Angie Gisler English Language & Personal Growth Centre ensures you that we will store your personal data securely and that we will never pass your details on to anyone else without your explicit consent.
We’ll use your details to send notifications of events, workshops, parenting tips and other useful information. We absolutely respect your right to privacy. You may unsubscribe at any given time by clicking unsubscribe at the bottom of all emails you receive from us.
1.1 Use of personal information:
The Angie Gisler English Language & Personal Growth Centre may, with your consent, collect personal data from you that allows you to be identified.
This personal data includes:
- Name or name of organization
- Contact number
- Email address
- Banking details for payments
- Services of interest to you
- Written or electronic notes from personal discussions
Your personal data may be collected through:
- Enrolling your child at the Angie Gisler English Language & Personal Growth Centre
- Attending Angie Gisler events or workshops
- Networking events
- Our “Get in touch” form on our webpage
- Social media communication
Personal data is collected to enable the Angie Gisler English Language & Personal Growth Centre to:
- Notify you of important information
- Inform you of events or workshops
- Communicate with you directly, e.g. via email
- Process payments
- Determine the effectiveness of our media and advertising
The Angie Gisler English Language & Personal Growth Centre does not collect sensitive data (e.g. religious, philosophical or political views, health scores). If, in the future, we may need to collect sensitive data (such as for academic research), we will ensure that we obtain your prior explicit consent. You will always have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
1.2 Data Security and Third Parties:
We take the security of your personal data extremely seriously. The Angie Gisler English Language & Personal Growth Centre will fulfill our obligations to protect the privacy of your personal data. We have implemented appropriate measures to protect your personal data, both on and offline, from improper access, use, alteration, destruction or loss.
The Angie Gisler English Language & Personal Growth Centre will never sell, rent, distribute or otherwise make user data commercially available to any third party, except where obligated by law. We will not share information about you without your express permission, or unless this information is already in the public domain, for instance on your web site. While it is unlikely, The Angie Gisler English Language & Personal Growth Centre may be required to disclose your personal data by a court order or to comply with other legal requirements. We will use all reasonable endeavors to notify you before we do so, unless we are legally restricted from doing so.
The Angie Gisler English Language & Personal Growth Centre links directly to external websites whose content, security, privacy policies and practices we have no control over and are not responsible for.
The Angie Gisler English Language & Personal Growth Centre is responsible for ensuring that:
- Any personal data held is kept securely.
- Personal information is not disclosed either orally or in writing or via Web pages or by any other means, accidentally or otherwise, to any unauthorised third party.
Unauthorised disclosure will usually be a disciplinary matter, and may be considered gross misconduct in some cases.
Personal information is password protected both on a local hard drive and on a network drive that is regularly backed up.
1.3 Lawful processing and retention:
We process your personal data on the following lawful bases:
- Personal data is processed on the basis of a person’s consent in order for us to communicate with you appropriately
- Personal data is processed on the basis of a contractual relationship, e.g. when attending our classes, events or workshops
- Personal data is processed on the basis of legal obligations, e.g. for our financial, audit, statutory or regulatory compliance purposes.
- Personal data is processed on the basis of legitimate interests, e.g. media and advertising, income generation, personalising your experience, keeping your data safe, maintaining financial records and general communications, where we are confident that this will not impact on your rights.
The Angie Gisler English Language & Personal Growth Centre has a duty to retain some client personal data for a period of time following their departure from our services for legal and financial reasons. Different categories of data will be retained for different periods of time.
1.4 Your Rights:
You have the right to ask for your personal data to be updated, restricted to specific uses, processed in a particular way, or erased from our databases. You are free to unsubscribe from our mailing lists at any time by using the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our emails. As previously stated, whilst ceasing all further communications with you, we reserve our right to retain the trail of your previous communications and evidence of your deletion request for audit purposes. In certain circumstances, you have the right to data portability, which means we will provide your data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
The Angie Gisler English Language & Personal Growth Centre has designated data controllers who will take responsibility to guarantee that this policy is adhered to. They are:
- Angie Gisler
- Chelsi Harrison
Any individual who considers that the Policy has not been followed in respect of personal data about himself or herself should raise the matter with Angie Gisler, (email@example.com) who will investigate the matter further and will give you written confirmation of the outcome within 28 days of hearing of the incident.
Policy Updated May 2018